Leeuwarden to Workum, Stage 1 of the 4 day SUP11 City Tour has been said to have been the toughest day many paddlers have ever faced.
The 50 km race started in various groups, and each group experienced a different start with various weather. The first were the luckiest with blue skies, but the weather only got worse.
The tour and team paddlers made their way to the start and set off at 8.30am, unfortunately, they took the clear sky with them! Divas, ladies & team competition ladies set off an hour later in the rain and wind, spirits were high and paddling looked strong. Lena Ribeira, Petronella van Malsen and Marta Abruedo remained in the top 3 positions for the ladies for the day… there were some pained, yet relieved looks on their faces as they crossed the line.
As the rain continued to pour and wind got stronger the next batch started their lineup. This was the biggest batch of the race the open, masters, and team men. There was a lot of energy and excitement in this group. The men were impressed with the level of paddling throughout all the groups.
Despite waiting in the pouring rain our elite men all set off fast and strong. They raced hard, pushed themselves further and harder than they have before. Amongst other elite racers, Bruno Hasulyo and Daniel Hasulyo raced in just before a heavy rainstorm, saying it was the hardest thing they have done but happy that they did it together, as brothers, and without each other they would not have made it.
The race was long and hard for all of the paddlers. There were blisters, cuts, tumbles into the water but most importantly there was success!
SUP11 City Tour – SUP Day 1 RESULTS
SUP 11City Tout / Ruben Salvador
- Gran espectáculo en la 5º edición del EuroSUPA SUP Surf Championship - 16 octubre, 2017
- Nice Alpine Lakes Tour Finals on the Canal de Savières! - 11 octubre, 2017
- Fotos 1º día del V Wolder SUP Race by ¨Desde el mar¨ - 10 octubre, 2017
- Up#19. Entrevistamos a la australiana Terrene Black - 9 octubre, 2017
- Información del Eurosupa SUP Surf Championship 2017..¡No te lo pierdas! - 7 octubre, 2017
- Un nuevo evento a la vista: Canal de Castilla Tour Open Challenge - 21 septiembre, 2017
- Cuenta atrás para el estreno de ¨Paradigm Lost¨ de Kay Lenny - 18 septiembre, 2017
- V Wolder SUP Race – Resultados pódiums Beach Race - 17 septiembre, 2017
- SUP11 City Tour – SUP Day 3: Franeker to Dokkum - 16 septiembre, 2017